Not feeling like you're making the most of your EDI operations?
Here are five things you can do to optimize your EDI processing and increase your ROI:
1. Look for manual processes and find a way to automate them. This will result in reducing your margin for error.
2. Set up error alerts so that you can resolve the error before it becomes a problem. Less errors mean less charge backs, which results in more profit.
3. If it makes sense for your business, integrate your EDI operations. If you are processing more than 20 transactions a day, you should not be rekeying any data. If your EDI documents are not integrated with your ERP system, then you are not fully realizing the benefits and cost savings of EDI. Moreover, you are probably introducing errors into your data by rekeying it.
4. Evaluate whether or not your EDI operations are supporting your business goals on a regular basis. It's easy to become complacent and allow your EDI efforts to become stagnant.
5. Stop looking at EDI as something your customer is forcing you to do. Instead, look at EDI as a way to reduce costs and increase your bottom line! Not to mention, being EDI capable makes you that much more attractive to prospective customers.
I suggest you take this list a step further by requesting an EDI assessment. An EDI assessment by a good EDI provider can help you optimize your EDI by understanding your environment, reviewing your current procedures, analyzing findings and preparing recommendations.